Yara Shahidi is a young american actress, model, producer and activist, best known for her starring role as Zoey on the hit ABC comedy series “black-ish.” The show was a massive hit giving rise to the career of Yara. As of 2024 she has been playing key roles in major shows and movies since the Black-ish became the talk of the netizens everywhere. Yara has been regarded as the top choice for every new show and movie these days. From 2023-2024 she has many projects in the production to be released soon such as Etrapolation (2023-2024), Sitting in Bars With Cake (2023-2024 and Peter Pan – Paw Patrol (2023-2024).
Yara Shahidi Biography
|21 years old
|Yara Sayeh Shahidi
|Date Of Birth
|February 10, 2000
|5 ft 3 in (160 cm)
|45 kg (99 pounds)
|Sayeed Shahid, Ehsan
|Yara (يارا) Shahidi
Shahidi was born in Minneapolis, Minnesota to a Black father and Iranian mother. She has two younger brothers, Sayeed and Ehsan. Shahidi’s acting career began at the age of 4 when she appeared in a commercial for McDonald’s. She went on to land guest starring roles on television shows such as “ER” and “CSI: NY” before landing her breakout role on “black-ish.”
In addition to her acting career, Shahidi is also a student at Harvard University. She has been vocal about using her platform to promote education and social justice causes. In 2016, she launched Eighteen x 18, a nonpartisan organization that encourages young people to register to vote and participate in the political process.
Yara Shahidi was born on February 10, 2000 in Minneapolis, Minnesota to Afshin and Keri Shahidi. Her father is of Iranian descent and her mother is African-American. Shahidi’s parents divorced when she was four years old and she was raised primarily by her mother. Shahidi has two brothers, Ehsan and Sayeed.
- Shahidi began acting at a young age, appearing in commercials and guest starring on television shows such as Entourage, The Bernie Mac Show, NCIS, Olivia and Black-ish.
- In 2014, Shahidi was cast as the lead in the ABC comedy series Black-ish. The show focuses on an African-American family and stars Anthony Anderson and Tracee Ellis Ross. Black-ish has been praised for its clever writing and representation of black people on television.
- Shahidi has received critical acclaim for her performance on the show, winning a NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series in 2017.
- In 2018 it was announced that Shahidi would be spinning off into her own show entitled Grown-ish (2018-2023) which has been a success now. The series follows the character Zoey Johnson as she attends college and explores her newfound independence. Grown-ish premiered on Freeform to positive reviews and strong ratings. Yara Shahidi is set to executive produce the series alongside Black-ish creator Kenya Bar.
- Her new projects are Etrapolation (2023-2024), Sitting in Bars With Cake (2023-2024 and Peter Pan – Paw Patrol (2023-2024).
Yara Shahidi’s career began at a young age when she was cast in a commercial for McDonald’s. She made her film debut in 2007 with the release of Tyler Perry’s ” Daddy’s Little Girls.” Since then, she has appeared in a number of films and television shows. she starred in the film “The Sun Is Also A Star” and the television series “black-ish.” Shahidi is currently attending Harvard University. Recently she has announced several projects for 2024 which are under production. She has also become a producer not just an actor she has been part of Salt (2010), Black-ish (2014-2022), Grown-ish (2018-2023). Her new projects are Etrapolation (2023-2024), Sitting in Bars With Cake (2023-2024 and Peter Pan – Paw Patrol (2023-2024).
From 2020-2024 Shahidi has been part of several beauty brands including being the new face of L’Oréal Paris. This marks the first time that Shahidi has been an ambassador for a major beauty brand. As part of her ambassadorship, Shahidi will appear in print and digital campaigns, as well as content for social media platforms.
As of 2024, Yara Shahidi’s net worth is $6 million or more estimated.